The President of PSN Pharm Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa in the company of the National Secretary, National Publicity Secretary, the Imo State PSN chairman and some other very distinguished pharmacists in Imo State, paid a courtesy visit to the Governor of the Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha, CON. The visit was at the instance of the President and part of his duty tour in the state to deliver a paper at the ongoing Ahiajoku Colloquium on Friday 29th November.
The President highlighted some gray areas of interest to the Governor, namely:
- Establishment of a school of pharmacy at the Imo State University, Owerri;
- Employment of more pharmacists in the state health ministry and agencies particularly the IMPHCDA (which currently advertised for health workers excluding pharmacists);
- Appointment of pharmacists into political posts in the state;
- Decisive action in closing all oppen drug markets in the state;
- Donation of a parcel of land to the PCN for a state office;
- Donation of a bus to the PSN Imo State.
The President also congratulated the governor on his victory in the polls and court victories while hoping that Imo people would feel the positive impact of his administration.
In his response, the Governor thanked the President for finding time to come and promised to look into all the matters presented to him by the PSN. He called for the collaboration of the state PSN in his interest to fight drug abuse.
Highlights of the visit were the exchange of souvenir between the PSN President and the state Governor and a group photograph
The Courtesy Call was followed by a Town Hall meeting with some Imo Pharmacists at the Benchmark Hotel, Ọdụ-Obi Crescent, Ikenegbu, Owerri. The President interacted with the state pharmacists responding to their concerns and addressing issues plaguing the profession.