An internationally funded project-Partnership for Advocacy in Child and Family Health at Scale (PACFaH @ Scale) with further funding to the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) to advance advocacy in Child and Family Health in Nigeria has a vacancy for the position of a Program Director for a highly motivated individual to lead the project team.
The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) is advocating for the expansion of the contraceptive mix (family planning) services delivered by Community Pharmacists (CPs) and Patent & Proprietary Medicines Vendors (PPMVs) in Nigeria through revision of the Task Shifting &Task Sharing policy, strengthening the Approved Patent Medicines List (APML), the Essential Medicines List (EML) and obtaining approvals and securing relevant enabling policy environment for the pilot CPs & PPMVs project in Kaduna and Lagos States. The PSN-PAS project is also focused on reducing the under-5 mortality rate and improving health outcomes for Childhood Pneumonia and Diarrhoea in Nigeria (with the use of Amoxicillin dispersible tablet and Zinc/LO-ORS co-pack as first-line treatment respectively).
The successful candidate will be based and implement the PSN-PAS project from PSN National Office (i.e. Pharmacy House) Abuja.
- Shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the PSN-PAS and Shall finalize and present monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress reports of the PSNPAS to the Board;
- Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines;
- During the implementation of donor/partner funded projects, the PD shall review and approve program work plans and budgets before they are shared with the respective donor/funder;
- Shall be one of the signatories to the PSN-PAS program accounts and shall be the Chief Accounting Officer of the project.
- Undertake staff recruitment, capacity building and evaluation;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence;
- Shall report directly to the Board of the PSN/Donor/Funder (as applicable);
- Shall be responsible for the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools and other relevant materials for use to accomplish PSN-PAS project objective.
- Ensure smooth strategic coordination and execution of planned activities at the National and State level;
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results and address challenges arising from the program activities; and
- Shall perform other necessary duties that will lead to the success of the PSNPAS project from PSN Board/Donor.
Location: The Program Director will operate and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the PSN-PAS from the PSN National Pharmacy House Gudu, Abuja. Candidates who reside in Abuja have added advantage.
Experience/ Qualifications: Qualified candidates MUST
- A registered and licensed Pharmacist with a minimum of 10 years of work experience managing large-scale projects in the healthcare space;
- Have a minimum of either a Masters’ in Public Health or a Masters’ in Business Administration or both;
- Have a strong knowledge of Nigeria RMNCAH+N policy, service delivery and a working knowledge of public health policies; Have strong report writing skills with competences in data analysis and data visualization;
- Have experience working in or with non-profits especially donor-funded projects;
- Have experience in a Research, M&E or Project management;
- Have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with international development programs working in NGOs, government or donor agencies;
- Experience working and coordinating with multiple stakeholders in the private and public healthcare space;
- Ability to lead project teams across countries and play a hands-on and operational/ coordination role among multiple teams/ partners/ stakeholders;
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word applications; and
- Candidate should be open to 40%-50% travel within and outside Nigeria.
Application Procedure: Submit a letter of application and CV with contact details of 2 referees, the CV will be submitted as an attachment and the letter of application within the body of the email.
Please forward the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st July 2019.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF CERTIFICATES. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. PSN-PAS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates as well as those with any form of disabilities.